In the fast-paced, dynamic markets our clients face, making the best decisions in evaluation of ‘buy versus build’ is critical to achieving overall growth objectives. The Gaffin Group works directly with Executive and Corporate Development teams in seamless pursuit of that result, relying on 30 years of experience in value-added buy-side as well as sell-side transactions to solve critical portfolio decisions. We work closely with our clients to provide pragmatic, strategy-linked support across the corporate development spectrum:
- Search – development of opportunity ‘funnel’ tied directly to the company’s core acquisition strategy
- Screen – effective deal triage to find the better deals quickly and efficiently
- Initial Contact/LOI – help guide initial frameworks of conversations to center on economic value added from potential combinations, affiliations, or joint ventures.
- Due Diligence – robust due diligence techniques and strategies to mitigate risks inherent in M&A
- Deal Negotiation/Close – keeping focus on areas of risk to be contained – and structuring for economic alignment through sharing of value creation from upside performance.
- Integration – matching integration programs to specific types and needs of the M&A opportunity (e.g. scale versus scope acquisition)
Conversely, we have also helped clients refocus on the core areas that are truly driving long-term value creation for the firm – guiding processes to divest product or service areas that are more attractive to other parties – and thus garner a return through a sale versus languishing and winding-down a non-core capability.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions Services
- Acquisition Strategy
- Sell Side Process
- Buy Side / Corporate Development
- Strategic Due Diligence
- Post Merger Integration