I had the pleasure of seeing Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, at a recent conference in Las Vegas. While he and I are wired quite differently (maybe a reason his net worth has a ‘B’ in it), he noted several compelling tenets and principles he used to drive the cultural development of Twitter. And we […]
Tag Archives | value creation
What does it take to be an effective middle-market leveraged lender? Are traditional lending models obsolete? Is this sector now the domain of non-bank debt investors? Whether you are a private equity investor, operating company, or co-lender, these questions can be pivotal to deal viability over the investment horizon. Finding out, mid-deal, that one or […]
While it may be fashionable for sponsors to assert, “We’re all about operating improvements and not financial engineering” – a little secret of private equity investing remains: Done correctly, the management of leverage through financial engineering remains a key component of differentiated returns from most investments. Ultimately, a pragmatic approach to financial engineering drives benefits […]
We have reached a point in the maturity of the private equity industry where wheat is being cut from chaff. Overall, LPs are more sophisticated in their due diligence of funds and general partners – and the latter strive to differentiate themselves. One compelling differentiator is a replicable approach to maximizing market value of portfolio […]
The Gaffin Group was pleased to have an article on value maximization published on the Axial network. The Gaffin Group Founder and President, Mark Gaffin, discussed the on-going research effort in this area. “Our Group continues its research efforts into private capital formation and the middle market. An important area of discovery is now the […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter