Years ago, one of my dearest mentors drummed the following advice into my cranium: One of the most obvious marks of inexperience and sloth is using, verbatim, sell-side information that is spoon-fed to an investor group. This is made more egregious as it obviously comes from parties benefiting from uncritical acceptance of the “data”. Not […]
Tag Archives | underwriting
I am back! First, I wanted to thank those of you that have stuck with me during my brief absence from this blog (though I welcome you to follow me on Twitter @GaffinMark). As many of you know, I am actively involved in the deal market – and have been blessed with an exciting, deep […]
In what has to be the second most often used throw-away line behind “[insert name] is a leading [insert industry sector] company“, is the too-frequent, inadequately supported, drive-by industry analysis summed up by “high barriers to entry.” This becomes a nails-on-chalkboard experience when so often misused by non- or under-initiated underwriters, lenders, and pundits. Let’s take a step […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter