During my too-brief sailboat racing career in Australia, it was often necessary to cut closely between islands and shoals during long-distance events. Invariably, these games of roulette came at night and in the midst of a blow. There is little that focuses you more than perilously close waves crashing on jagged rocks as you hurtle through […]
Tag Archives | lending
It is all too seldom that one is present to see true love blossom – especially in the middle market finance world. Fondly, though, I can report I had the special privilege of seeing such a glorious thing at recent private capital industry gathering. I was picking my way through a wilted salad and tired […]
In what has to be the second most often used throw-away line behind “[insert name] is a leading [insert industry sector] company“, is the too-frequent, inadequately supported, drive-by industry analysis summed up by “high barriers to entry.” This becomes a nails-on-chalkboard experience when so often misused by non- or under-initiated underwriters, lenders, and pundits. Let’s take a step […]
I was catching up on some reading and got a chance to re-visit the First Quarter 2012 Private Capital Access Index published by Dr. John Paglia who heads up the Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project. For those interested in the Middle Market, I strongly suggest getting involved in the surveys that this project runs periodically. […]
I have had the great pleasure of working with (and, sometimes, for) professionals dedicated to bringing rich, deep backgrounds to their fields. These areas include professionals in investment banking, commercial banking, corporate law, turnaround advisors, valuation experts, academics, strategy consultants, entrepreneurs, private equity general partners, mezzanine debt providers, and many other specialists. It is my […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter