What does it take to be an effective middle-market leveraged lender? Are traditional lending models obsolete? Is this sector now the domain of non-bank debt investors? Whether you are a private equity investor, operating company, or co-lender, these questions can be pivotal to deal viability over the investment horizon. Finding out, mid-deal, that one or […]
Tag Archives | banking
While the death of commercial banks in the leveraged, sponsor-backed sector is a bit exaggerated – it’s tough to argue that the industry is not in the Intensive Care Unit. Recent reports from S&P Capital IQ show that U.S. banks’ share of leveraged lending in the middle market has fallen to 9% in 2013 – […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter