The Gaffin Group is pleased to report that an article authored by Mark Gaffin has appeared in the Association for Corporate Growth’s September 2013 issue of Middle Market Growth. The article, titled “Do PE Firms Starve Companies of Innovation? Myth or Reality,” sheds light on misconceptions around the rate and effectiveness of innovation generated by […]
In larger middle market transactions we typically see senior and junior debt facilities with multiple lenders. Given tight timeframes in most LBO transactions, a delicate balance is struck between how much reliance can be placed on the confidential information memorandum (the “CIM”, also known as a bank book, etc.) and how much will be invested […]
Mark Hulbert was busy elbowing his way onto the anti-private equity bandwagon on July 5th with his confusing dispatch “Real Returns: Are Private-Equity Gains Built to Last?” Mr. Hulbert heroically ignores a large body of readily accessible research and data to precariously perch his pejorative premises on quite arguable findings from a single, tax-return driven […]
The Gaffin Group is honored to have Mark Gaffin cited as one of the must read quotes on M&A for the first half of 2013. Mr. Gaffin noted: “We are pleased that our research findings are be included in such a compelling list. As we noted in a prior post, we were interviewed for our […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter