Six years past the onslaught of the Great Recession, a knot of on-lookers remains committed to specters and bogeymen in the leveraged loan market. Undeterred by contrary empirical evidence and low default rates, torchbearers have tried (thus far, in vain) to enumerate any swath of banks that required rescue due to leveraged lending to commercial and industrial operating […]
Archive | December, 2014
Beneath the screeching Klaxon alarms, raised by frenetic media on all things related to deal making, lies a deep – and historically vibrant – Middle Market. Undaunted, intrepid reporters dash through press rooms clutching another article decrying companies “laden with debt”, “leverage limits”, “criticized assets” of the if-it-bleeds-it-leads meme – while a vast sector of the economy […]
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter