Mark Gaffin attended a reception at the New York offices of Venable LLP with a small group of industry professionals and Congressman Jim Himes (D-CT) and Congressman David Schweikert (R-AZ). While the specific topics of the meeting were not disclosed, we understand the meeting to be informative and productive. As Mark Gaffin reported, “It was an honor to be included in the group to meet with Congressmen Himes and Schweikert. I have had the opportunity to hear both gentlemen speak in other venues, but it was a pleasure to have a more direct exchange. Without going into specifics, the meeting was very informative and, I believe, useful for both the Congressmen and the industry participants. I remain encouraged that efforts to reach out to policy makers will bear fruit. I pledge that The Gaffin Group will do what we can to help advance the dialogue based on our research and insights from our work in the middle market. I feel this is an important step in a long journey to bring more fact-based information to policy makers and regulatory bodies. I appreciate and thank Venable LLP for its efforts to bring this meeting about. And, of course, I thank both Congressmen for their time and insights.”
The Gaffin Group meets with Congressional Members
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform
- Commercial Banks and Leveraged Lending: Why, It’s a Day at the Beach!
- A Little Secret of Private Equity Investing: Financial Engineering Matters
- The Most Expensive Word in Banking? “Relationship” October 30, 2013
- Baby on board? Risks of inexperience in LBO lending June 25, 2013
- The CIM…sales document or due diligence? September 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal misses on Bank article January 31, 2014
- The Peril of Pytr Prynciple and the Bank Meeting November 5, 2013
- Getting under the Hood: Leveraged Lending and the 2014 SNC Review March 10, 2015
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review December 17, 2014
- The Middle Market has a Weight Problem December 12, 2014
- Culture and Investment: Winning Platform or Ship Wreck? May 5, 2014
- Critical Elements of an Effective Leveraged Lending Platform April 2, 2014
- There be monsters? Middle Market Leveraged Lending and the SNC Review | The Gaffin Group: […] to extrapolating its findings inappropr...
- Chris Pruszko: Great article Mark. I would add that operations a...
- Mike Kipp: Experience on two bank boards over last 12 years s...
- Bob Hancock: I agree with you 100%. I have 27 years experience ...
- Fred Richmond: Outstanding article and absolutely true to life. S...
Follow @TheGaffinGroup on Twitter